Members and guests staying in the lodge are at risk of spreading and acquiring infectious diseases. This is particularly important in winter when there are high rates of viral illnesses and the lodge is full, with close proximity of beds and the communal living environment.
USC encourages members and guests to cancel or postpone their booking, or leave the lodge early if they become unwell with a viral illness. A full refund will be made for the unwell person’s bed nights (and bed nights for one parent/guardian if the unwell person is 16 years of age or less), minus a 10% cancellation fee. For further information, please refer Cancellations and Refunds.
If you have gastroenteritis or influenza-like symptoms such as:
- Sore throat
- Body aches
- Fatigue, or needing to stay in bed and/or
- Vomiting and/or diarrhoea
Please consider the health and safety of other lodge users and refrain from staying at USC.
Help prevent the spread of colds, influenza and gastroenteritis in the lodge:
- Cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough
- Keep hands away from your eyes, nose and mouth
- Use tissues to blow your nose and throw them in the bin after use
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm running water for 30 seconds after using the toilet, blowing your nose, before eating and before preparing food.
Cancellation due to Illness
USC encourages members and guests to cancel or postpone their booking, or leave the
lodge early if they become unwell with a contagious / infectious illness. Infectious diseases
such as influenza, gastroenteritis or other viral or bacterial illnesses can easily spread to others in the lodge given the close proximity of beds and communal living environment. USC strongly discourages unwell persons from spending days in bed in the USC lodge if unwell or whilst recovering from a contagious illness – if you are unwell enough from an infectious illness to need to be in bed, then you are requested to refrain from staying at USC.
A full refund will be made for the unwell person’s cancelled/unused bed nights (and cancelled/unused bed nights for one parent/guardian if the unwell person is 16 years of age or less), regardless of the duration of notice and proximity to the first booking night, minus a 10% cancellation fee.
In order to obtain a refund, the following conditions apply:
- USC will refund members for the unwell person’s cancelled/unused bed nights (and cancelled / unused bed nights for one parent/guardian if the unwell person is 16 years of age or less) if they provide the booking officer with a medical certificate for the unwell person.
- The medical certificate must include all of the dates in the booking for which the member is seeking a refund.
- The booking officer must be notified of the illness and refund request both via telephone and by completing the member feedback form and selecting the type ‘Health and Wellbeing’. via email at the time of the illness, not in retrospect after the event. This should be as soon as possible prior to arrival should the person become unwell before their first booking night, or immediately upon becoming unwell should the unwell person need to leave the lodge early. If the booking officer does not answer the phone, please leave a voicemail message.
- The medical certificate must be provided to the booking officer either as a hard copy in the post or as a scanned copy via email within two days of the initial notification of the illness.
- The refund will be a full refund minus a 10% cancellation fee, regardless of the duration of notice and proximity to the first booking night.